January 31, 2007

When Gracie Came into the world

Well, hello everyone sorry I haven't written much lately, I haven't had a lot of time. I forgot to tell everyone how the birth went. I started getting contractions at 2:00am so we got up & did some cleaning, walking & squats, but they didn't get much closer so we went to bed & I was able to doze off & on. At 7:30am we called Mom & she came to the house to watch the kids. We got to the hospital at 9:00am & I was at 6. Jessica was at school & was headed to the hospital so we decided to wait till she got there to break my water. When she got there Stephanie (my midwife) was massaging my feet & when she was done it was about 11:00am so she broke my water & I was at 8. It didn't take long to get to 10 from there, but she had here head turned & wouldn't come down. So she finally came at 1:08pm right after a hard prayer from me. The Lord helped me tremendously & I couldn't have asked for a better delivery & John got to deliver her. This was my longest labor, 11 hours. She is just perfect 7lb 6oz & 19in. Now she is 2 weeks today & 8lb 12oz & still has her hair. She has had her days & nights straight from the beginning, so that has been wonderful & some times she will get 5 hours in. We are all doing great & are very happy to have Grace Ellouise home with us.

No comments: